The College Development Council functions as a liaison between the University and the University Constituent Colleges
and the affiliated private [Aided and Unaided]/Government) under the jurisdiction of S.V. University (Chittoor District)
and University Grants Commission, New Delhi and South Eastern Regional Office (SERO) Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh State Council
of Higher Education (APSCHE) /NCTE/BCI/RCI/AICTE, as the case, may be. It is a coordinating body between all these institutions.
The College Development Council is guided and works under the control of the Vice-Chancellor, the Rector and the Registrar.
The following are the delegation of powers / duties of the Dean, College Development Council.
- To assist the affiliated colleges for inclusion under Sec. 2 [f] & 12 [B] of the UGC Act, 1956.
- To coordinate with the University Grants Commission in conferring and extension of autonomous status to
the affiliated as well as constituent colleges under the jurisdiction of S.V. University, when ever applied for.
- Monitoring the meetings of the Governing Bodies, Boards of studies and Academic Councils of Autonomous colleges
under the jurisdiction of S.V. University / Academic Senate / Standing Committee of the Academic Senate / University Research Committee and other such bodies.
- To assist the colleges in getting financial assistance from the University Grants Commission under various schemes launched from time to time.
- To coordinate the implementation of Faculty Improvement Programme [FIP] for the teachers working, on permanent basis in the affiliated / Government colleges
- To coordinate with the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education for starting new private / unaided Degree Colleges / Under-Graduate, Post- Graduate and Diploma courses.
- To consider Combination of attendance
- To Consider Condonation of shortage of attendance
- To consider Transfer of students from other University areas into Colleges of this University area including grant of one or two extras seats for the purpose, if required.
- To consider Grant of exemptions from putting attendance and / or appearing for certain papers in accordance with the Regulations or decisions of the authorities of the University.
- Recommending to the University for granting / extension of temporary / permanent affiliation based on the recommendation of the inspection Commissions after verification of infrastructural
and other facilities as per the norms prescribed by APSCHE / Government of Andhra Pradesh / University.
- Conduct of meetings of the College Principals / Correspondents of affiliated Colleges for maintaining the standards of education.
- Rationalization and implementation of University policies in affiliated colleges.
- Co-ordination with State Council of Higher Education regarding
appointment of internal members with the Joint Inspection commissions for establishment of new Degree Colleges and PG Colleges and restructured courses in the existing Colleges.
- Sanction of additional strength to the affiliated Colleges
- Approval of change of premises / change of Society / management of the affiliated colleges as per University / APSCHE norms.
- Appointment of Enquiry Committees.
- Approval of staff of various Colleges.
- Appointment of University nominees for various selection committees.
- Conduct of Endowment lectures.
- Appointment of Members for various CETs
- Preparation of convocation report / Annual report.
- Approval of Syllabi / Curriculum / Model question papers of all the Professional degree and PG Courses.
- Any other work assigned by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor from time to time.