The Sri Venkateswara University College Hostels for Women comprises of I and II Premises with 9 Blocks which accommodate all categories of Women Students admitted into the four constituent Colleges of S.V. University. The Hostel is run on no loss, no profit basis. The expenditure is divided equally among the inmates.
Common Halls with TV and Telephone are provided in all the Blocks. Food is served in four messes. Water Coolers and protected water using mineral water plant facility is provided in I & II. A Computer Center and a Library are established in both the premises for the use of the inmates. All the inmates should be within the premises by 6.30 p.m., every day. However Research Scholars are permitted to stay out upto 8.30 p.m, All the inmates should report for attendance at the respective timings
Contact Details of the Women's Hostel
|Prof. G.M. Sundaravalli
Administration of the Hostels
The General administration of the Hostel is carried out by the Wardens with the help of various Committees constituting of Staff and Students of S.V. University Colleges.
The hostel authorities reserve the right to deny admission to any applicant.
- The student has to occupy the room allotted to her.She
should not change it without prior permission of the Warden of the hostels.
- The student has to bring her own bucket, mug and doorlock
Rooms will be handed over to the students with available furniture, electrical and
fan fittings. During vacation the inmates should hand over the same fittings etc.
to the Assistant Wardens of the blocks concernd.
- Expenditure incurred on any replacement / repairs /additions
/alterations in respect of furniture, electrical fittings or tube light and dailies
will be added to the mess bills of the residents.
- The residents shall maintain decency, decorum and sense
of personal hygiene in the dining hall and in the blocks.
- Any resident of the hostels is liable for expulsion from
the hostels for any misbehaviour, violation of hostel rules or default in payment
of mess bills.
- Members desirous of changing from vegetarian to non-vegetarian
or vice-versa shall intimate in writing to the Steward two days before the first
day of a month. Change will not be allowed in the middle of the month.
- No meal or tiffin shall be allowed to be carried outside
the dining hall.
6. a. Closure of Hostels
- If a resident absents herself continuously for a period
of 2 months without any intimation her membership in the hostels stands cancelled
- No remission will be granted for absence without prior
written intimation/leave application. Application for leave/extension/cancellation
should be given to concerned steward latest by 8 am on the day preceding the first
day of leave or a day before the beginning of the extended leave.
- Remission will not be allowed for an absence of less than
two days. The remission is applicable for the day of leave occurring only during
the calendar month. However, 0.50 Paise per day will be charged for the leave period
towards the maintenance charges.
b. Duration of Stay
- All the post graduate hostels and messes will be closed
on the day after the closure of the College for any vacation. No special mess will
be run during any vacation.
- All the hostels and messes will be closed on one day after
the last university examination, with supper. The rooms should be vacated by the
- Students are eligible to stay in the hostel for the period
they are given admission.
- In case of Research Scholars, the period is counted as
Till the date of submission of their Ph.D. thesis or completion of 4 years of stay
in the hostels, whichever is earlier. Till the date of submission of their M.Phil.
dissertations or completion of 18 months of stay in the hostels, whichever is earlier.
7. Payment of Bills
8. No Dues Certificate
- Inmates have to pay their mess bills and all their charges
from time to time as notified by the authorities. In case of any problem, they should
contact the respective authorities for clarification.
- If a member becomes defaulter for non-payment of the mess
dues for three months, action will be taken for the collection of dues through the
court of law. Expenditure incurred in this connection will be recovered from the
concerned in full.
- No student shall be issued hall tickets for taking the
university examination without the production of No dues certificate.
Research scholars cannot submit their Ph.D./M.Phil. thesis without obtaining No
dues certificates from their hostels. On the knowledge of any violation of this
rule, the hostel authorities have the right to take necessary steps to stall the
process of adjudication of the thesis.
- Applications of the candidates who have dues to the hostels
will not be considered either for admission or re-admission.
- No dues certificate will be issued to
students on complete payment of bills and production of Vacation Reportfrom the
Assistant Warden concerned.
- No dues certificate shall be issued in
the Hostel office 15 days before the commencement of the University examination.
Issue of no dues will be stopped three days before the commencement of the examinations.
- No dues certificate is only provisional.
Authorities reserve the right to collect the dues if any from the ex-members in
case the same in noticed at a later date.