Sri Venkateswara University College Hostels for Men's , There are ten Blocks viz. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H,I and S. Janardhan Bhavan which accommodate the students and research scholars of the constituent colleges of Arts, Sciences and commerce, Management & Computer Science.
There are four blocks namely Visweswara, Viswakarma, Viswateja and Viswapragathi which will accommodate the students and scholars of SVU College of Engineering.
The hostel rooms are equipped with cots, tables and chairs. Each block is provided with a Television. Apart from these, each block is provided with Telugu and English news paper, competitive news etc., so as to enable the students to prepare for various competitive examinations. During vacation, however, all students should vacate the hostels. No electrical appliances such as heater, electric stove etc., should be used in hostel rooms. A book bank facility is available in the hostels of SVU College of Engineering.
2.Accommodation & Dining Halls
Hostel accommodation is provided to the students who get admission into B.Tech. / P.G. / M.Phil. / Ph.D.
/Integrated Courses subject to availability. On showing the fee receipt, the Hostel office will issue application form. The hostel authorities will allot room to the student after all formalities are completed. Each Block is provided with electricity meters and the charges will be shared by the inmates of the respective Blocks.
- Admission does not automatically entail accommodation in the University Hostels. Only limited accommodation is available in the University hostels for Men. Admission to hostels will be made as per rules in vogue.
- Accommodation cannot be provided in the University hostels to any student who is a native of any area within 20 kms radius of Tirupati.
- Hostel accommodation will not be provided to those who wish to pursue another P.G. course or those admitted under self- supporting courses or payment/sponsored category.
Hostel for differently abled students
The following guidelines are adopted for running of blocks and messes w.e.f. the Academic Year 2006-07 for better management, accountability and efficiency.
- The blocks and messes are to be re-opened one day before the re-opening of the colleges.
- The allocation lists of boarders block-wise will be prepared in advance and displayed prominently at the respective hostel offices.
- Admissions will be made on the basis of the actual capacity of the blocks.
- In each hostel block, a set of rooms are allocated separately for research scholars, final and previous year boarders,
- Three Student Committees are to be constituted for each hostel covering the Resident Block, Mess and Purchases separately. Each Committee will comprise one Ph.D. scholar, one M.Phil. scholar, and two boarders, each of final and previous years. The Purchase Committee will have, in addition to the above composition, two faculty members (other than the present Wardens/Dy.Wardens) from the concerned College. These Committees are nominated by the Chief Warden of the respective hostel. The Committees will be headed by the Warden and are convened by the Dy. Warden. This is applicable for the constituent colleges of S.V.University.
- The Mess Committee will (a) decide on the menu; (b) maintain cleanliness in the mess;
(c) appoint Food Basis Staff and decide on their wages; (d) will ensure regular and prompt payment of mess bills, and (e) be responsible for the overall and regular running of messes.
- The Block Committee will (a) maintain and manage the Blocks and be responsible for the overall upkeep and
cleanliness of the Blocks; (a) ensure that no unauthorised residents stay in the hostels; (c) no unsocial/ sectarian activities are organized in the hostels and (d) bring to the notice of the authorities any violation of general discipline in this regard.
- The Purchase Committee will have powers to decide on the purchases, necessary for the Blocks and Messes by following established procedures and make payments for the approved purchases. Discipline the residents shall maintain decency, decorum and sense of personal hygiene in the dining ball and in the blocks. Any resident of the hostels is liable for expulsion from the hostels for any misbehaviour, violation of hostel rules or default in payment of mess bills.